The Commandant’s corner is a bi-weekly message board presented by Commandant Anthony Pullella. Read our latest blog below, check out one of our archived messages, or sign up to receive future messages.
Good morning Seahawk Nation,
Welcome to the start of May and our Senior class last month of high school! Since March 2019, until now, it feels like the school years have just sort of blended together without the traditional summer break, so I know we are all looking forward to a real summer with a normal return to school!
- We had a great day Saturday with the class of 2025! Always nice to see the wide-eyed cadet, not knowing what to expect, entering into a brand new environment and beginning to find their way, as they start to experience DMA and our program. Looking forward to our new families joining the Seahawk Nation!
- DMA’s 2021 Academic Awards Ceremony will take place next week on Wednesday, May 12th on the DMA Drill Deck at 6:30 pm. This year, the Academic Awards Ceremony will celebrate cadets earning the following awards: the “Highest Course Achievement” award, which is given to the cadet who earned the highest overall average in a course, and the “Cadet Breakthrough” award, given out by department to the cadet who really stood out for their positive influence and effort in that content area. Cadets who have earned a 2021 Academic Award will be sent their invitation to the awards ceremony by this Thursday, May 6th through their DMA student email account. Each cadet award recipient is limited to two guests.
- If your cadet has been vaccinated for COVID-19, please send in or email a copy of the vaccination card to the school nurse to update health records. Thank you.
- AP Exams will be administered during the month of May. All cadets enrolled in an AP class must report for the AP Exam. No late arrivals will be permitted. Specific information on where to report was sent to each cadet via a Schoology message.
- Tuesday, May 4th (students report at regular time)- All Calculus Exams.
- Wednesday, May 5th (students report for 11:15)- Physics Exams.
- Thursday, May 6th (students report for 11:15)- Computer Science Exams.
- Friday, May 14th (students report at regular time)- Biology Exams.
Please contact Mrs. Tocyloski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- PTA Board elections will be held at this month’s PTA meeting scheduled for Thursday, May 20th at 6:30 pm. Currently, we have candidates for all positions except President. If you are interested in the President position or have any questions regarding PTA elections, you can email Cindy Ferry at email@example.com. Please note that in order to run for a board position, your PTA dues for the 2020-2021 school year need to be paid. Thank you to all those who have volunteered for positions. See you on May 20th!
- PROM INFORMATION: Prom will be at DMA campus from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm on Saturday, May 15th. Guest forms are due May 12th. Masks MUST be worn at all times except when the cadets are having dinner.
- Every cadet and guest MUST have a negative Covid-19 test 72 hours prior to the event and submit the results to Mrs. Enderica by Friday, results will not be accepted at the door.
- For your convenience, DMA will host a testing event on May 13th from 12:00 pm to-3:00 pm.
- Please make sure you print out and bring in the forms to the testing event, as it really speeds up the process.
- Dress Code: Gowns or dresses and tuxedos (black, white, dark blue, and gray ONLY allowed)
- If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Enderica in TH-03 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are the instructions to sign up for the testing event on May 13th.
1) Click on the E-Req link here
2) Fill in as much patient info as possible (***CORRECT FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, DOB, AND PHONE NUMBER ARE CRITICALLY IMPORTANT!!)
3) Select “CLIENT BILL/FREE TEST” under insurance type
4) Select “720100 – SARS-CoV-2” as the Covid-19 test type (*** please note that this PCR test is the only type of test being offered at this event).
5) Select the “COLLECTION DATE” FOR YOUR EVENT (Please note that although there is a slot to select an appointment time, this event is walk-up only…no appointment times will be granted!!)
6) Please check off any symptoms that the patient is experiencing.
7) Check off all appropriate blocks on the state-required questionnaire.
8) Click “Create E-Req”
9) Print out E-Req
10)BRING YOUR PAPER E-REQ TO THE TESTING SITE IN ORDER TO SPEED UP THE PROCESS!
We hope you have a great week!
Stay up-to-date with the current news and noteworthy events happening in the world of DMA. Sign up to receive the Commandant’s Corner!